Sunday, January 24, 2010

New focus for Dinner at the Hamlet.

It's been a while..almost 20 months in fact-since I've posted anything on this blog. I've decided to resurrect it, polish it up and use it as a journal for my new way of eating. I've joined the Atkins's Revolution!!

If you haven't heard of it, it's a way of eating that helps you lose weight, then helps you keep it off for a lifetime. I know there's some controversy about this diet, but I've done a lot of research, reading and studying, and this seems to be the best fit for me. I plan to use this forum to post recipes, menus, successes and yes, failures. I am sure there will be a few along the way.

I am officially finishing the induction stage today and could move into Ongoing Weight Loss (OWL) tomorrow. However, due to my level of success and lack of boredom-so far-with the food, I've elected to continue at least one more week on Induction, or phase 1. So far, I've lost 10 pounds in 14 days. I can feel it, but I doubt you can see it yet. I have a lot of weight to lose-at least 60 more pounds. I have been trying to set mini goals and to celebrate those successes.

My first goal was to have a "clean" induction-that is, not slip ups. No sneaking bites of mac and cheese off the kids' plates, no sugar, no large coke with extra ice from Sonic, not even during happy hour. And I've done it. Not one slip up. I've passed up a double chocolate cake (at my house) during Bunco, pizza, Little Debbies, popcorn, and everything else that's not on my eating plan. I even passed up tortilla chips and salsa in my favorite Mexican resturant at lunch Friday. I ordered a grilled chicken salad, added some salsa and guacamole (both allowed) and enjoyed every single bite! To non-dieters, that doesn't sound big. To me-it's huge.

So, I'll be sharing the rest of the ride with you. My loyal long time readers, all 5 of them, know that consistancy is not my best thing. Let's face it --life happens, and occasionally it happens over and over. I do have a husband and three kids, a house and a job to tend to, as well as church responsibilites and the occasional visit with friends. So, don't look for a post every day, maybe not even every week for a while. But I will be popping in to update you as often as I can. I'll post it on Hamlet and on Facebook when I post something here.

So..see ya in a few days.

Eat well and prosper!
Cathy

No comments: