Thursday, January 10, 2008

Bunco Night dinner!

Tonight is Bunco night and it's at my house! For a description of how you play, see my other blog! Here's what we're eating tonight!

Mexican Chicken Stew

2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts
1 cup salsa-I use mild, but you can use any flavor you like
1 can chopped green chilies
1 can whole kernal corn (or a cup of frozen corn kernels)
1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
1 T. cumin
1 T. chili powder
salt and pepper to taste

I start this soup the same way I start the chicken noodle. I boil my chicken in chicken broth, take it out and cool it slightly, then shred it. Put it back into the pot with the broth and add the remaining ingredients. Let it simmer for about 20 minutes, and serve it with baked tortilla chips.

This is soooo good, and the bunco girls usually request it when I host the game in the winter. I usually put out some tortilla chips and salsa as an appetizer, and I like to make a fruit punch to go with it. Here's a good punch recipe:

1 can frozen fruit punch
brewed tea
1 cup sugar
1 can frozen lemonade
1 can apricot nectar (in the juice section)

Put the undiluted fruit punch, lemonade and apricot nectar in a gallon container. Add 3 punch cans of water, the sugar and enough tea to make a gallon. Stir and add more sugar, if necessary. Slice up some oranges, lemons and limes to garnish. Serve over ice in a hurricane glass or other stemmed glass. Good stuff!!

I hope to post some pictures tomorrow along with a recipe for Swiss Chicken. It's good stuff, too!!

1 comment:

Becki said...

Have fun tonight! This week was our Bunco week too. Our host served Grilled chicken salad with an assortment of veggies & dip to accomodate those of us who are dieting in January. I always do October. I can't wait to see photos.